Here you’ll find our press clippings from around the web. Looking for our Electronic Press Kit? Click here for photos, video, bio and streaming audio in the Electronic Press Kit.
- “Family rock album takes inspiration from Lollipop Motel in North Wildwood,” The Leader of the Wildwoods/Shore News Today, 7/17/16
- “Lollipop Motel/Summertime Santa” feature, Wildwood Sun by the Sea, pg. 19, 7/1/16
- “‘Kindie band’ helps kids find their happy place,” Pascack Valley Community Life, 6/16/16
- “Jason Didner and the Jungle Gym Jam throw Family Beach Party in Montclair,” Montclair Times, 5/14/16
- “Montclair’s Old Mogul Theatre to Host Family New Year’s Rock-n-Roll Ball”, Baristanet Family, 11/7/15
- “350 Jersey Songs-Jersey Dinosaurs, Jason Didner and the Jungle Gym Jam“, Jay Lustig, NJArts.net, 8/9/15
- “Montclair Children’s Performer Gives Kidney to Wife“, Bob Cannon, Montclair Times, 6/17/15
- “Panel Discussion Wed. on ‘Free to Be…You and Me’ as It Reaches a Milestone“, Samantha Melamed, Philadelphia Inquirer, 11/2/14
- “Montclair’s Jungle Gym Jam launches new CD“, Gwen Orel, Montclair Times, 1/16/14
- “Play with Jason Didner and the Jungle Gym Jam at the Montclair Public Library“, Gwen Orel, Montclair Times, 10/9/13
- “Fun at Montclair Center’s Crane Park Festival“, Sally Streeter, BaristaKids, 9/29/13
- “Don’t Eat That Guitar Pick”, Gwen Orel, Montclair Times, 5/11/13
Concert and Record Reviews:
- “Jason Didner’s album brings dinosaurs and superheroes to your loungeroom” – Babyology Australia. It was great to see Pilar write about how our Jersey Shore experience in the U.S. translates to the beachside amusement park fun in St. Kilda, Australia and also highlight My Superpower and Jersey Dinosaurs.
- “Lollipop Motel-Children’s Music Review,” A Rup Life – this review and giveaway highlights how Lisa, the blogger for A Rup Life, enjoyed the modern take on late 70s and early 80s music.
- “Giveaway: Because Elmo’s Singing Voice is Not Our Cup of Tea,” Melissa & Cassie, Little Hoboken Blog, an article that announces their Instagram-based giveaway of the Jungle Gym Jam CD Lollipop Motel. The bloggers emphasize their preference for the influence of the E Street Band sound in our music for families over the more conventional choices of children’s entertainment.
- Album Review: “‘Lollipop Motel’ by Jason Didner and the Jungle Gym Jam (Pre-K+),” Jeanna, Momma’s Bacon, a parenting blog article that relates the Lollipop Motel album and its inspiration from family vacation time to both her own childhood summer trips and the trips she’s now looking forward to with her young family.
- “Lollipop Motel (Album Review),” Emma, Muddy Boots and Diamonds, a parenting blog, commenting on the way the songs conjure up family beach vacation memories even in other oceanside states beside New Jersey. She speaks to the universality of some of the songs by sharing her very entertaining personal stories that relate to songs on the album.
- “Jungle Gym Jam: Lollipop Motel Giveaway,” Nikki, Silly Fun Momma Blog, reviewing both the album and a live acoustic duo performance at Palisades Center’s Munchkin Mondays kids’ concert series. Nikki also includes a photo montage and a writeup about our #SummerOfSharing contributions to good causes like Xavier Ross’ family (he’s a 5-year-old heart patient) and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- “‘Lollipop Motel’ CD Release & Family Beach Party,” Nicole, NJ Mommy Blog, reviewing both our live album launch event and the album itself. Her take on the album is that it “really capture[s] the golden moments of being a carefree kid having a blast at the beach.”
- “Jungle Gym Jam Checks In with Lollipop Motel,” Jeffrey Cohen, MrJeff2000 reviewing our album “Lollipop Motel,” 4/27/16. He remarks about the connection to the Jersey Shore resort the album was named for, the time and place connections and the influence of Bruce Springsteen on the songs.
- Children’s Bookwatch, June 2016, by James A. Cox, Editor-in-Cheif Midwest Book Review. He praises the album’s fast pace and “sweet, sassy, sun-drenched fun!”
- “Kindie Quick Hit: Santa Surfs!“, Jeffrey Cohen, MrJeff2000 reviewing our single “Summertime Santa”, 11/4/15
- Mommy Poppins Philadelphia reviews Jungle Gym Jam concert at World Cafe Live Philly from 10/10/15. Emphasizes our interactivity, high energy level and educational value.
- Electric Kids Music reviews “Everyone’s Invited!”
Comments on “fine musicianship, stirring melodies and lyrical flair”
- My Happy SAHD Life reviews “Everyone’s Invited!”
Compares music to Replacements, Ramones, Bruce Springsteen
- Mr. Jeff 2000 reviews Jon Samson’s “A New Kids Album” and Jungle Gym Jam’s “Everyone’s Invited” as a juxtaposition
Considers both albums as “two sides of the same coin” and recommends “Everyone’s Invited” for letting toddlers and preschoolers dance/jump to it.
- Momma’s Bacon reviews “Everyone’s Invited!”
Her pre-schooler daughter says it’s got a “crunchy beat!”
- Jersey Family Fun reviews “Everyone’s Invited!” and shares exclusive performance video
Likes the little lessons you learn when you sing along and not having to worry about the kids picking up questionable lyrics while listening together in the car.
- Mother of All Trips reviews “Everyone’s Invited!”
Calls the songs “Catchy and fun, perfect family road trip fare.”
- Mom’s Lifesavers reviews “Everyone’s Invited!”
Noted that the songs “make you want to dance, bounce, play.”
- Parents’ Choice Foundation reviews “Everyone’s Invited!”
Awarded the album the “Approved” seal, saying the Jungle Gym Jam “brings playful humor and fun rock to kids and their parents.”
- Multitask Momma reviews “Everyone’s Invited!”
Hails the album “not only because it is great music and has great stories to it but because it is so catchy and what kid doesn’t like to dance around to music about trains and animals?”
- Helicopter Mom & Just Plane Dad review “Everyone’s Invited!”
Related strongly to the messages in the album: “I fully appreciate anything that can remind my kid to ‘put down the video games’ and head outside!”
- 6/1/16 – Rocking to Heal a Young Heart – a press release about Xavier, a 5-year-old lifelong heart patient, benefitting from Jungle Gym Jam Lollipop Motel album download proceeds in the month of June 2016
- 11/6/15 – Montclair’s Old Mogul Theatre to Host Family New Year’s Rock-n-Roll Ball
- 11/11/14 – Holiday Family Fun Day with the Jungle Gym Jam – at Immaculate Conception Church Sat 11/29
- 10/30/14 – Free to Be You and Me feat. Suzi Shelton coming Nov. 18
- 4/18/14 – NJ Dad’s Musical Labor of Love Debuts, Earning Parents’ Choice Approved Seal
- 3/11/14 – “Five Sea Lions” Video to World Premiere on March 18 on KidsCanGroove.com
- 2/4/14 – Jungle Gym Jam Launches Debut Album “Everyone’s Invited!”
- 12/6/13 – Jungle Gym Jam Launches First Official Music Video for Kids
- Out with the Kids Monthly Podcast, July 2016 Edition. Jeff Bogle is widely known as a tastemaker in the world of family music. He calls our present era “the golden age of children’s music.”
- Good Stuff Kids Podcast, Interview with host Michael Mason about our beachy new album Lollipop Motel, the inspiration for our music and ways that we give back and help children with our album sales proceeds.
- Chloe’s Friendship Circle, Double-interview episode 6/1/16. Interview with phenomenally talented 6-year-old host Chloe about what our family loves to do at the Jersey Shore beach. Also interviewed is family-friendly post-punk synth/guitar powerpop band Chibi Kodama.
- Mad Music Marketing Minutes, Interview with Billy Grisack about the success of our Album Launch Party. 2/21/14
- Goober Kids Radio, Interview and acoustic performance with Trevor, 1/30/14
- The Sounds Sweet Show, Interview with “Groovy David”, 12/3/13
- “No Cover” with Gail Prusslin, TV-34 Montclair, 9/27/13
Electronic Press Kit (EPK)
- For press inquiries, contact Jason directly:
E-mail Jason@junglegymjam.com or call 201-838-1205 (m)